In order to maximize every revival season, we must first understand how and when a revival takes place. 2Chron. 15:3-15 (KJV). Revival does not happen anytime, it has a time frame; and the midst of the year is a season of revival. Habb. 3:2 (KJV) “O Lord, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy”. Every revival stirs up prayer in the heart of men. Revival time is a time of personal spiritual reawakening where you begin to repair your altar of prayer, kingdom advancement endeavors and soul winning. It is a time where you reconsider your ways, access your spiritual life and access your walk with God. Gen. 28:16 (KJV) ” And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the Lord is in this place; and I knew it not”. To be spiritually asleep in a revival makes you miss out of the blessedness of a revival.
WHAT IS A REVIVAL?
- IT IS A MOVE OF THE SPIRIT THAT STIRS THE SPIRIT OF MEN, TO COMMIT TO KINGDOM ENDEAVORS. Haggi 1:14 (KJV) ” And the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the Lord of hosts, their God”.
- IT IS A MOVE OF THE SPIRIT ORDAINED TO TERMINATE ALL FRUSTRATIONS, OBSTACLES AND AGE LONG ORDEALS, IN THE LIVES OF GODS PEOPLE. Habb 3:17-19 (KJV) (17) “Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: (18) Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. (19) The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments”. No oppression of the devil in the life of a believer, escapes a revival season. Zeph 3:17, 20 (KJV) (17) “ The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing (20) At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the Lord”.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT I AM IN A REVIVAL?
- When the word of God continues to come alive in our hearts in an increasing dimension. Acts 6:4, 7 (KJV) (4) “But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.(7) And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith”. The word of God leaping into your hearty with meaning, fire and understanding. Acts 19:20 (KJV) ” So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed”. When your level of understanding of the word of God changes in your life, then a revival has occurred.
- When one continues to manifest the spirit of prayer and supplication. Zec. 12:10 (KJV) “ And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn”. Nothing stirs up a revival like prayer. When prayer becomes an exciting, sweatless adventure. Zec. 8:20-22 (KJV) (20) “ Thus saith the Lord of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities: (21) And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the Lord, and to seek the Lord of hosts: I will go also. (22) Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the Lord”. A revival is said to have occurred when you now know how to pray, and what to pray; thus making prayer a delight. Rom 8:26 (KJV) “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered”.
WHAT IS IN A REVIVAL FOR ME?
- FINANCIAL FLOW. Zec. 1:17 (KJV) “Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the Lord shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem”. When you cease from prayer and fasting, your finances begin to dwindle. This is because there is a power needed to get wealth, and this power is only accessible via the altar of prayer and fasting. But in a revival, we are empowered to engage the prayer altar as we ought to, thereby releasing power for supernatural wealth, over those who engage in it. Also, we must understand that prayer stirs anointing, and anointing attracts favour that makes supply available. therefore when your prayer life copes alive in a revival, your access to financial flow becomes unlimited and unhindered. lastly, we must understand that when God puts a work in your hands, he makes supply available for the work to be done. hence, when your hunger for kingdom advancement endeavors come alive, supplies are cheaply made available to you by God – your resources are multiplied, so you can keep doing the work.
- IN A REVIVAL SEASON, OUR NEEDS ARE SUPERNATURALLY MET. Luke 22:35 (KJV) “And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.” In a revival season, we don’t beg to get, the supplies are made available before the needs arises; this is because you are on the move for God and the advancement of His kingdom. Phil. 4:19 (KJV) “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus”.
- IN A REVIVAL, WE ENJOY TOTAL HEALTH AND STRENGTH. Ex. 23:25-26 (KJV) (25) “And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. (26) There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil”. God will only maintain the health of those who make themselves available, in a revival.
On this note, I welcome you to your Covenant Day of Fruitfulness
We must understand that fruitfulness is Gods will for his children, and as seeds of Abraham, we are redeemed to be fruitful. Deut 7:14 (KJV) “Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle”. Barrenness is not part of redemption; when we were redeemed, we were redeemed into all round fruitfulness.
It may seem sometimes that one is unfruitful, but this is because everyone created by God has his own specially designed “gestation period”. Just as the growth pace of plants vary, so also the ‘fruitfulness pace’ of every man varies. So while it may seem that one is barren, he is actually not- but only going through a waiting phase.
HOW THEN DO I ENJOY ALL ROUND FRUITFULNESS?
- BE BORN AGAIN. Redemption positions you for fruitfulness.
To be born again means to turn from your iniquities to accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour. Rom. 10:9-10 (KJV) (9)” That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation”. It means turning from your ways to God’s ways. Rev. 3:20 (KJV) “ Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me”. Being born again is a spiritual transaction, it redeems your spirit from sin into righteousness. Col. 1:13 (KJV) “ Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son”. Being born again is a celebration of divinity; the life of God in you.
- THE KEY OF KINGDOM SERVICE. Exodus. 23:25-26 (KJV) (25) “And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. (26) There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil”. Abraham couldn’t die barren because he was a servant indeed, who served God and humanity faithfully.
- VALUE FOR THE ANOINTING AND THE ANOINTED. 2Kings 4:8-17 (KJV). It is value that connects you with virtue; until you recognize anointing, virtue will never flow in the direction of your expectations. Understands that God anoints people to carry what you are looking for. you need value for the anointing to access the virtues it contains. Psm. 92:10, 14 (KJV) (10) “But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil. (14) They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing”.
- THE KEY OF JOY. Joel 1:11-12 (KJV) (11) “Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished. (12) The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men”. Only the joyful end up fruitful.