What we do not know, we do not know; what we won’t learn, we cannot know and what we do not know, we end up paying for it. Isa. 5:13 (KJV) “Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst”. This is why God still teaches His people ways to go, even today. 1Cor. 2:11 (KJV) “For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God”. He has made himself available to lead us continually, in the journey of life. Isa. 58:11 (KJV) “And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not”.
There is however, a need to understand how God leads; this is because, until you understand how God leads, you will be unable to position yourself rightly in order to be led by God.
God is still in the business of leading people, and teaching them the way to go. He is ever committed to leading you if you are committed to following Him. Isa. 48:17 (KJV) “Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go”. Following Gods leading remains the key to all sufficiency. Isa. 48:21 (KJV) “ And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out”. The ultimate of divine direction is to terminate lack, want and dryness.
HOW VALUABLE IS DIVINE DIRECTION?
- WE LIVE IN A WORLD WITH MANY VOICES. 1Cor. 14:10 (MSG) “There are many languages in the world and they all mean something to someone”. But it is the voice you hear and hearken to that has the power to take you forward or stagnate your destiny. Gen. 26:1-6, 12-14 (KJV). The voice you obey determines the outcome of your life. Gen. 3:1-7 (KJV). Who you listen to will either expose your nakedness or cover your nakedness; just as in the case of Adam and Eve. Although there are many voices, it is the voice of God that will take you forward; the voice of the devil will bring you into disasters and frustrations. Gen 16:2 (KJV) “And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai”.
- YOU CANNOT SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY GO THROUGH THE JOURNEY OF LIFE WITHOUT A GUIDE. This is why no one can outgrow divine direction; man will never get to the point of being “too matured” or “too old” to require divine direction.
That it seems right in your sight, doesn’t make it right; this is what makes divine direction inevitable and unavoidable. Prov 14:12 (KJV) “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death”. Most frustrations today are traceable to wrong steps taken; this is because, not all open doors are God’s doors, some are traps in disguise. It is therefore the leading of the lord that is the cure to man’s frustrations. Psm. 32:8 (KJV) “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye”. When you are guided, people don’t see your errors, they see your strength, because the one who guides you covers all your flaws.
REQUIREMENTS TO ACCESS DIVINE GUIDANCE
- YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN. Jn. 3:3 (KJV) “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God”. Only the born again can access the voice of God. Jn. 1:12 (KJV) “ But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name”. It is being born again that qualifies you as a son of God, and enlists you as a sheep, ready to be led; as God doesn’t lead goats, he leads sheep. God will only lead his children, he doesn’t lead strangers. Jn. 10:14 (KJV) “I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine”. If you are in church and not in Christ, then you are not in touch; therefore, get in touch to get led. Rom. 8:14 (KJV) “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God”.
- BE CLOTHED WITH MEEKNESS. Psm. 25:9,12 (KJV) (9) “ The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way. (12) What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose”. Until you are meek, you are not eligible for leading; God doesn’t deal with the proud. Num. 12:3 (KJV) “Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth”. God will never give you a new instruction when you have not fully attended to the previous, this is what makes meekness paramount.
- BE BAPTIZED IN THE HOLY GHOST. The Holy Spirit is our guide in the journey of life. Jn. 16:12-13 (KJV) (12) “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. (13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come”. The Holy Spirit is a speaking Spirit, who speaks to God’s children to guide them in the journey of life, so they won’t take a wrong step. Acts 8:29 (KJV) “Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot”. Just as one wrong step can destroy a destiny, so also one right step can glorify a destiny.
- PRAYER AND FASTING. Isa. 58:6,11 (KJV) (6) “Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? (11) And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not”. A believer that will not pray will never access divine leading. Jer. 33:3 (KJV) “ Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not”. It is in prayer and fasting that the voice of God for divine direction is accessed. Acts 13:2-3 (KJV) (2) “As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. (3) And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away”.
PROOFS OF DIVINE GUIDANCE
- YOU ENJOY FULFILLMENT IN LIFE AND DESTINY. It is not your achievement or certificate that determines your class in life, it is Gods leading; destinies are only made by divine direction. You require God to assist you to know what to do (career decision), who to marry (marital decision), where to live (locational decision). Isa 48:17-18, Pro 18:22, Gen 12:1-4
- YOU ENJOY PEACE THAT PASSES ALL KNOWLEDGE. Psm. 23:2 (KJV) “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters”. When He leads you, peace becomes the outcome of your life. Isa 48:18 (KJV) “O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea”. Anytime you are about to take a step and you feel uneasy in your spirit, please withdraw; this is because God will never lead you into tension.
- YOU ENJOY SUPERNATURAL FAVOUR. Exo. 3:21 (KJV) “And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty”. You need God to guide you to where people will like you. It is favour that makes you celebrated, not tolerated. Psm 23:6 (KJV) “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever”. In His leading is His favour, and favour from God makes favour with men cheap; when you are guided by God, He organizes your life into favour. Luke. 22:35 (KJV) “And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing”.
On this note, I welcome you to your Covenant Day of All Round Rest
We must understand that God only leads beside the still waters, not stormy waters; that is, our God is a God of peace. Psm 23:4 (KJV) “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me”.
WHAT IS REST?
- It means peace, round about.
- It means tranquility and quietness.
WHAT DO I DO TO ENJOY THE REALITY OF ALL ROUND REST?
- LEARN WHAT IT TAKES TO ENJOY IT – GO FOR KNOWLEDGE. Matt. 11:28-29 (KJV) (28) “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls”. Go for relevant articles that proffers solution to the issues of your life that seem stormy. Isa. 5:13 (KJV) “Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst”.
- REMAIN IN LOVE WITH GOD. Rom. 8:28 (KJV) “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose”. Rest is a product of your affection to God.
- ENTER INTO A COVENANT TO SERVE GOD, AS A LIFESTYLE. 2Chron. 15:15,19 (KJV) (16) “And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about. (19) And there was no more war unto the five and thirtieth year of the reign of Asa”. Make a deliberate choice to serve God all the days of your life, and subscribe for all round rest. Psm. 16:4 (KJV) “Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips”.
JESUS IS LORD!
Leave a Reply