Understanding is very vital in our walk with God; this is because, Christianity is a religion of knowledge. Isa. 5:13 (KJV) “Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst”. We must therefore understand that God is still leading His people, even today; therefore, the need to understand how God leads is vital to making the most of His guidance.
It is however the privilege and right of every child of God, to be led by God. Isa. 58:11 (KJV) “And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not”. Continuous guidance is your right in Christ, because God is committed to leading you continually as a son and daughter of God. Rom. 8:14 (KJV) “ For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God”.
The moment you become born again, you become a child of God, with an automatic access to divine guidance; Redemption qualifies anyone to be the son and daughter of God. Jn. 1:12, 10:27 (KJV) (12) “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. (27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me”. Divine guidance is automatic when you follow the voice of your shepherd; if you are not hearing from God, then something is wrong with your connection with God.
God is very eager to leading us, He doesn’t want us to go though the path of death, regrets and destruction; it is His will for us to be led. Prov. 14:12 (KJV) “ There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death”. God is more than willing to offer not just pasture, but protection to His own. Isa. 48:17 (KJV) “ Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go”. God’s leading is the gateway to fulfillment in life. Psm. 32:8 (KJV) “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye”. God never misguides, you can trust Him with your destiny; He knows the way. Prov. 3:5-6 (KJV) (5) “ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths”.
ACCESS TO DIVINE GUIDANCE
- BY HIS WORD. Psm. 119:105 (KJV) “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path”. Every time God wants to lead you in a particular direction, He speaks His word to your heart. Psm. 119:11 (KJV) “ Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee”. By complying with God’s word, we are able to decipher between what is right and what is wrong- the ways of life, and the ways of death. God’s word remains His number one tool for leading His children. Jer. 33:1 (KJV) “Moreover the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, saying”. It is however your level of insight and knowledge of God’s word that determines the level to which you access divine guidance. Isa. 2:1 (KJV) “ The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem”.
- THROUGH PRAYER AND FASTING. Habb. 2:1-2 (KJV) (1) “I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. (2) And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it”. When you start praying, God starts leading; every time you stand on the altar of prayer seeking for direction, you open up your destiny for His guidance. Isa. 58:6, 11-12 (KJV).
When you start calling on God for guidance in prayers, He starts showing you the way to go; so until you call on Him, you remain unguided. Jer. 33:3 (KJV) “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not”. God will not guide those who are not interested in him, guiding them and you show God you need his guidance through asking, on the prayer altar of prayer and fasting; you therefore cannot access divine guidance without prayer and fasting. 2Chron. 20:1-3, 12, 15-24 (KJV). Every destiny that lacks divine guidance, will run on assumptions; which will lead to all round frustrations.
- BY REMAINING IN LOVE WITH GOD. Jn. 15:15 (KJV) “And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in”. You cannot love God, and not access his secrets; the cord of friendship is love. Love for God qualifies any believer to access God’s plan and purpose for his/her life. 1Cor. 2:9-10 (KJV) (9) “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (10) But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God”. When you are in love with God, He confides in you, the things that He wants to do with your life. Gen. 18:17-18 (KJV).
- THROUGH HEAVENLY VISION. Acts 16:8-10 (KJV) (8) “And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas. (9) And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. (10) And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them”.
BIBLICAL PROOFS OF DIVINE GUIDANCE
- SUPERNATURAL CONFIDENCE. Psm. 23:1, 4 (KJV) (1) “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want (4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me”. A man being led and guided is totally confident in the God, who guides him. Heb. 10:35 (KJV) “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward”. You need confidence to secure answers to prayers, and your rewards in Christ. Heb. 4:16 (KJV) “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need”.
- DIVINE STRENGTH. Psm. 23:3 (KJV) “He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake”. You can’t suffer weakness when God is your guide. 1Jn 5:3 (KJV) “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous”. God supplies you strength on the journey that He sends you; in His leading, lies your strength. Psm. 92:10 (KJV) “But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil”. When you run on God’s plans, you run with God’s strength; that knows no weariness.
Welcome To Your Covenant Day of Vengeance…..
UNDERSTANDING GOD AS THE GOD OF VENGEANCE
You must know that every enemy of your life is entitled to judgment from God. Dan. 11:32 (KJV) “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits”. There is an aspect of God that is meant to bring the wickedness of the wicked to an end, and that is Vengeance. 1Sam. 2:6 (KJV) “The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up”. Until the wicked is brought to an end, your freedom is not in view; this is why God terminates all oppressors for your freedom. Deut. 32:39 (KJV) “See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand”.
There is a judgment written for all enemies; even God is against the wickedness of the wicked. Exo. 22:18 (KJV) “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live”.
Therefore, we must understand that;
- WE SERVE A GOD OF VENGEANCE. Psm. 94:1 (KJV) “O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself”. God is against oppression, and avenges for the believers who are being oppressed. Nahum 1:1-3 (KJV). God shows mercy on those deserving, and releases His judgment on the merciless and unrepentant enemies. Rom. 12:19 (KJV) “Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord”. God specializes in executing vengeance for His people. Heb. 10:30-31 (KJV) (30) “ For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. (31) It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God”.
- GOD HAS SPECIFIC DAYS OF VENGEANCE. Isa. 34:8 (KJV) “For it is the day of the Lord’s vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion”. Nothing and no one escapes God’s ordained day of vengeance. Isa. 61:1-2 (KJV). God reserves specific days for vengeance. Isa. 63:4 (KJV) “For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come”.
WHY IS VENGEANCE NECESSARY?
- TO TERMINATE EVERY CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE IN YOUR LIFE. Ecc. 10:5-7 (KJV) (5) “There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, as an error which proceedeth from the ruler: (6) Folly is set in great dignity, and the rich sit in low place. (7) I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth”.
- FOR THE SALVATION OF THE SOULS OF SINNERS. Acts 13:8-12 (KJV). Certain people cannot be save until witches and wizards are destroyed, because they are the ones who have long put them in captivity. 1Kings 18:36-39 (KJV). Salvation of souls is impossible until the wicked is judged.
- TO DESTROY PERSECUTORS, CONSPIRATORS AND UNFRIENDLY FRIENDS (UNDER-COVER ENEMIES). Jer. 20:10-11 (KJV) (10) “For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him. (11) But the Lord is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten”.
- TO CUT OFF WITCHCRAFT. Micah 5:12, 15 (KJV) (12) “And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers: (15) And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard”.
- TO REACT TO THE WICKED ACTIONS OF THE ENEMY, IN YOUR LIFE. Psm. 7:9-12 (KJV) (9) “Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. (10) My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart. (11) God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. (12) If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready”.
- FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF GOD’S PROPHETIC WORD IN OUR LIVES. Luke 21:22 (KJV) “ For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled”. Any prophecy that must see fulfillment must first see that the enemy is judged.
REQUIREMENTS TO SEE THE GOD OF VENGEANCE AT WORK
- MAKE DEMAND FOR VENGEANCE, ON THE ALTAR OF PRAYER. Luke 18:1-8 (KJV). God will not avenge until you cry for vengeance, in prayers.
- ENGAGE THE POWER OF THE ANOINTING. Isa. 10:25-27 (KJV) “And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing”.