God’s word provokes supernatural breakthroughs, Luke 5:5-6 (KJV) “And simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless, at thy word I will let down the net. (6) And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake”, when you encounter the word of God, breakthrough begins to be the order of the day. The absence of the word of God is darkness and when there is darkness there is stagnation, but the moment the Word of God comes it is as a shining light and steers up joy Isaiah 60:1-3 (KJV) “Arise, shine: for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. (2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. (3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising”.
God’s word gives life and hope, there is nothing the word of God cannot provide for you. God’s word is the oldest book, yet the most current book. God’s word cannot be adjusted, it is forever, John 1:1 (KJV) “In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God”. The word of God is an oracle, Psalm 119:18 (KJV) “Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law”, The word of God is a book of solutions.
The word of God guides us through the journey of life, Psalm 119:105 (KJV) “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path”, a life without guidance will lead to struggles. It is divine guidance that safeguards you 2Tim 3:16 (KJV) “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness”
The word of God is filled with virtues, Hebrews 4:12 (KJV) “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing eve to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart”. The word of God is powerful; it is the fountain of power, Jeremiah 23:29 (KJV) “Is not my word like as a fire? Saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?” God’s word is God’s ability to perform, 1Thess 2:13 (KJV) “For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe”.
The word we receive is the one that works for us, your knowledge of the word of God determines the amount of God’s power that is at work in your destiny, Daniel 11:32 (KJV) “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong and do exploits”. Your access to the word of God is your knowledge of the word of God. We must also be doers of the word, Matthew 7:24-26 (KJV) “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: (25) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. (26) And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand”. James 1:22-25 (KJV) Isaiah 5:13 (KJV)
The word of God is our spiritual food, Jeremiah 15:16 (KJV) “Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts”, reading is the food of the mind. The word of God must be sought for, John 5:39 (KJV) “Search the scriptures for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify to me”.
The word of God is a defense in times of trouble Deut 28:7 (KJV) “The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. Whenever we are reading the word of God, we contact the spirit behind the word of God Ezekiel 2:2 (KJV) “And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me”
THE WONDERS IN THE WORD OF GOD
- GOD’S POWER RESIDES IN THE WORD OF GOD. Eccl 8:4 (KJV) “Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?”. The word of God has supremacy over every other word. The power in God’s word releases us from every affliction Luke 5:17 (KJV) “And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them”, Luke 4:32 (KJV). Romans 1:16 (KJV)
- GOD’S WORD DELIVERS; GOD’S WORD IS GOD’S MESSENGER. Psalm 107:20 (KJV) “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions”. God’s word hits the target. Receiving the truth of the word sets you free from every satanic Oppression Matthew 8:16 (KJV) “When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick”. The light of life presides in the word of God Psalm 119:130 (KJV) “The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple”
- THE WORD OF GOD IS SUPERNATURAL; SUPERIOR TO THE NATURAL WORD. John 1:1 (KJV) “In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God”, Mark 16:20 (KJV) “And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen”
HOW DO WE TAP INTO THE WONDERS OF THE WORD?
- YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN Mark 4:11 (KJV) “And he said unto them, unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables”, 1Cor 2:14 (KJV)
- POSSESS A MEEK SPIRIT Numbers 12:3 (KJV) “(Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.), Psalm 25:9 (KJV)
- BE COMMITTED TO WORKING IN THE LIGHT OF THE WORD OF GOD John 8:12 (KJV) “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life”, John 1:1-5 (KJV)
Welcome to Your Special Miracle Service
Miracles are the deliberate acts of God in the midst of men. Miracles are not accidental, they are the confirmation of the word that is received and believed. Mark 16:20 (KJV) “And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.” John 1:11 (KJV).
Miracles are God’s response to our obedience of his word; John 9:6-7 (KJV) “When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, (7) And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing”. Only those that believe in miracles experience them, John 11:40 (KJV) “Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?”, Mark 11:23 (KJV) “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unot this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith”. 2Kings 5:10-14 (KJV).
God is a specialist in special miracles; he believes in special miracles.