WHAT IS A CURSE?
Curses are barriers to blessings. A curse is a blasphemous language used out of anger.
Generational Curses are Curses that are inherited from your forefathers, passed down through their descendants. In Exodus 20:5. ”Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;” They come in form of hereditary sickness or misfortunes.
Curses and blessings are two major forces that determines failures and success in life and destiny. John 10:10. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Matthew 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Curses are reversible. Proverbs 26:2 As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
If a man is born again its reverses generational curses Gal.3:13, Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Curses usually have a life span of 3-4 generations (300-400 years). in Genesis 15:13-16 Says And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance. And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age. But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
- Every reoccurring trend of evil in one’s life or lineage signifies the presence of a generational curse.
Engagement in kingdom services can revoke curses Exodus 23:25-27. And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil. I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee Job.36:11 If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
BIBLICAL WAYS CURSES COMES UPON PEOPLE
- The curse of the law: Comes as a result of disobedience to God’s word. Deut.28:1,15, Gal.3:13.. To come out of this curse, You must be born again Col.2:14
- Diabolical Curse of the wicked. Num.23:8-12,21-24. The cure to this curse is serving God and the interest of his kingdom.Ex.4:22-23, Luke 10:1-2,17
- Self-inflicted curse;
- the curse of serving other gods Ps.16:4. To come out of this curse, make your choice for God Joshua 24:15
- The curse of unrighteousness, iniquity and immorality. The way out is the fear of the lord as a lifestyle. Ps1:1, Pro.8:13
iii. The curse of pride. Pride is the nature of the devil Pro.16:18. The covenant way out is humility Phil.2:7
- The curse of stealing Zech3:3, Eph.4:20:28. The covenant way out is to stop stealing.
- The curse of idleness. Pro.6:6-12. Pro.12:24 The covenant way out is to work. For things to work, you must work! Pro.22:9
- The curse of dishonouring your parents. Pro.20:20. The covenant way out is to honour them Ex 20:12
vii. The curse of the love of money. 1tim.6:6-10. The covenant way out is to be contented
viii. The curse of being stingy and tight fisted. Pro.11:24. The covenant way out is to crave for the grace to be a giver 2Cor.9:7-8
- The curse of unbelief. 2Cor.4:13
- The curse of the prophet.