We must come to the knowledge that God is still leading people today. Mal. 3:6 (KJV) “For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed”. Just as God led our fathers in the bible days, he is still leading even in these contemporary times; and he will continue to lead us as long as we subscribe to his leading. It is our responsibility as children of God to seek and adhere to God’s directions. Matt. 13:23 (KJV) “But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty”. However, our level spiritual understanding is what determines the percentage of results we get, as children of God; especially as regards divine direction.
As the redeemed of God, we have a destiny of no – limits; there is no limit to how far w we can go towards fulfilling l our glorious destiny, as long as we subscribe to the leading of God. God’s leading is our guide through the phases of life, until we arrive at our glorious destiny. Rom. 8:29-30 (KJV) (29) “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. (30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.”
WHAT IS OUR HERITAGE IN CHRIST?
- As children of God, we have an enviable destiny in Christ. 26:12-14 (KJV) (12) “Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him. (13) And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: (14) For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him”.
- We have a prosperous destiny in Christ, by redemption. 3Jn. 1:2 (KJV) “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth”.
- We are redeemed to fulfil a mountain-top destiny. 28:1 (KJV) “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth”.
- We have an ever advancing destiny in Christ. 4:18 (KJV) “But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day”.
However, all these that God has promised us will never be fulfilled without God’s leading; being led by God is a proof that we are indeed children of God, and only God’s own are permitted to fulfil God’s plan. Rom. 8:14 (KJV) “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God”. This is because those who submit themselves to God’s leading will never miss their steps or fail. Psm. 23:1 (KJV) “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want”.
We must first acknowledge the person of the Holy Ghost, and understand that He is our guide through the journey of life. Acts 2:1-4 (KJV). We are in the Holy Ghost dispensation and it is therefore important to understand how he leads, if we must maximize our walk with God.
HOW THEN DOES GOD LEAD?
- THROUGH THE INNER WITNESS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. 8:14-16 (KJV) (14) “For as many as are led by the Spiritof God, they are the sons of God. (15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage agin to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. (16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God”. The inner witness of the Holy Spirit comes alive in you when you become born again, and get baptized with the Holy Ghost; and this is proven by the peace of God that rules in your heart. At this point, he begins to guide you step by step, to the fulfillment of your destiny. Acts 16:6-7 (KJV). The Holy Ghost paints the picture of eternal life to you, and makes you know that there is a better life for you; he shows you what is right and what is wrong. Acts 10:19-20 (KJV). The Holy Ghost bears witness with our spirit, and communicates to us divine guidance. Prov. 20:27 (KJV) “The spirit of a man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly”.
- THROUGH PRAYER OF INQUIRY. God not only answers prayers, he answers questions as well. 5:18-22 (KJV). There is no assumption in the things of God, we are to seek God’s face for every step we are to take; this helps us avoid errors and mistakes. Jer. 33:3 (KJV) “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not”. God is committed to answering questions, and guiding us accordingly, if only we are committed to seeking his mind concerning every issue of our lives. Psm. 32:7-8 (KJV) (7) “Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of delieverance. (8) I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way that thou shalt go: I will guide the with mine eye”.
BIBLICAL PROOFS OF DIVINE GUIDANCE
- SUPERNATURAL ZEAL that makes you drive towards the accomplishment of a task/ fulfillment of destiny. Being divinely guided naturally motivates you to fulfil God’s agenda. Mark 1:8-12 (KJV) (8) “I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. (9) And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazereth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. (10) And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: (11) And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (12) And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness”. Zeal pushes you to give your glorious destiny all it takes to see it fulfilled.
- DIVINE PROTECTION. When God leads and guides you, he goes with you. 23:20 (KJV) “Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared”. When God sends you on a journey, he doesn’t just watch you go, he goes with you. Psm. 23:1, 4 (KJV) (1) “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. (4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me”. When God sends you, he defends you. Psm. 105:13-15 (KJV) (13) “When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people; (14) He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes; (15) Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm”.
On this note, I welcome you to your covenant day of All Round Rest…
We must understand that it is the devil who robs people of their peace, joy and rest. Inspite of this, we must know that God has an agenda of all round rest for us all. Jn. 10:10 (KJV) “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly”.
HOW DO I ENJOY THE REALITY OF ALL-ROUND REST?
- You must be born again. 3:3 (KJV) “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God”. Only God’s children are entitled to peace. Heb. 4:9-10 (KJV) (9) “There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. (10) For he that is entered into his rest,he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his”. Being born again launches us to the realms of rest. Jn. 14:27 (KJV) “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid”.
- Seek to know the truth concerning all round rest. Knowledge gives rest. 11:28-29 (KJV) (28) “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls”. Getting relevant knowledge, from Gods word, concerning a challenge, brings rest from that challenge.
- Continue to build your faith in the word, concerning all round rest. 6:16 (KJV) “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked”.
- Be in love with God in truth and in deeds. 8:28 (KJV) “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose”.
- Be committed to worshipping God in the church and cell centre. 7:10 (KJV) “Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime”. It is in your God ordained place of worship that you find rest.
- Enter into a covenant to serve God and the interest of his kingdom, as a lifestyle. Servants of God are entitled to rest and peace. 15:12-15(KJV) (12) And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; (13) That whosoever would not seek the God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (14) And they sware unto the Lord with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets. (15) And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about”. Your rest is tied to your service to God and to humanity.
JESUS IS LORD!