You must understand that material investments will give you material returns, while spiritual investments will give you eternal and incorruptible returns. 1Tim. 4:7-8 (KJV) (7) “But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. (8) For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.” Godly exercise profits you withal; it profits you in everything. For example, if you must be mentally fruitful, it is necessary that you live a righteous life; this is because iniquity corrupts mentality and the wisdom of God flows only to the direction of the fear of God. Gen. 39:6 (KJV) “And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.”
BUT WHY MUST WE EXERCISE OURSELVES UNTO GODLINESS?
- UNGODLINESS BLOCKS OUR ACCESS TO HEALING AND HEALTH. 103:1-3 (KJV) (1) “Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. (2) Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: (3) Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases”. As long as iniquity prevails, healing virtues will never flow. Sin is a spiritual sickness that opens the door for bodily sickness by introducing depression into a person’s life. James 5:14-15 (KJV) (14) “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with the oil in the name of the Lord: (15) And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him”. It is when forgiveness is in place that the virtue of healing and wholeness will flow. Please know that no sin is unforgivable, as long as you repent of it. There are certain diseases that are associated with certain sins, and until you repent from such sins, sicknesses will remain. God is ready to heal you if you are ready and willing to repent and stay godly.
- UNGODLINESS BLOCKS OUR ACCESS TO DURABLE RICHES. 3:14 (KJV) “I know that whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever; nothing can be put to it, nor anything taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him”. God’s blessing is not once and for all; God’s blessing is once and again, it lasts forever. Prov. 8:18 (KJV) “Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness”. You must however remain on the track of godliness for you to keep enjoying God’s unending and continuous riches, even unto generations after you. Psm. 112:1-3 (KJV) (1) “Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that deligheth greatly in his commandments. (2) His seed shall be mighty upon the earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. (3) Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth forever”. There is no future for crafty men; therefore, seek to please God and secure your destiny and posterity. Jer. 17:11 (KJV) “As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatchet them not; so he that getteth richers, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of days, and at his end shall be a fool”.
- UNGODLINESS BLOCKS OUR ACCESS TO DIVINE SECRETS. Job 1:1-3, 29:4 (KJV) (1) There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. (2) And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters. (3) His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this an was the greatest of all the men of the east. (29:4) As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle”. It is only those who possess the fear of God that access the mind of God. 1:8, 2:19 (KJV) (8) “But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. (2:19) Then the secret of the Lord was revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven”.
HOW THEN DO WE DEAL WITH UNGODLINESS?
- YOU MUST CRAVE FOR THE ENDUEMENT OF THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS. Matt. 5:6 (KJV) “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled”. Godliness can never be actualized in the strength of the flesh. 4:6 (KJV) “Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts”. Until you realize and crave for the help of the Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of holiness, the struggle over sin continues. Rom. 1:4 (KJV) “And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead”. It is the Holy Ghost that helps us survive and overcome temptations.
- ENGAGE THE BLOOD OF JESUS TO OVERCOME THE MYSTERY OF INIQUITY. 9:11-12 (KJV) (11) “As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth the prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water. (12) Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even today do I declare that I will render double unto thee”. The blood of Jesus empowers us against sin. Rev. 12:11 (KJV) “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death”.
- CONTINUE TO FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER SAINTS IN THE CHURCH, HOME-CELL AND SERVICE UNITS. We gain access to more light from the word, that enables us live right, as we associate with righteous people. 5:26 (KJV) “That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of the water, by the word”. You can’t keep company with godly people and be trapped in iniquity. Heb. 10:25 (KJV) “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching”. Anytime you appear before God in fellowship, angels sprinkle the blood over you, against sin and ungodliness. Psm. 84:7 (KJV) “They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God”. There is no future for any believer who toils with fellowship.
On this note, I welcome you to your covenant day of Marital Breakthrough…
God is interested in your marital settlement. Psm. 68:6 (KJV) “God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those who are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land”. Anything going contrary to God’s plan for your marital life, is a manifestation of satanic oppression. Matt. 13:28 (KJV) “He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?”. There is however a solution to this oppression of the devil and this solution is in the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Acts 10:38 (KJV) “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him”. To encounter deliverance from oppressions, the Word of God is what you need; this is because the devil only feeds on our ignorance. Psm. 107:20 (KJV) “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from all their destructions”.
God’s will for you is not just marriage but early marriage,joyful and fruitful marriage.
HOW THEN DO I ACTUALIZE MY GLORIOUS MARITAL DESTINY?
- REMAIN IN LOVE WITH GOD. 8:28 (KJV) “And we know that all things work together for the good of them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose”.
- BE COMMITTED TO KINGDOM ADVANCEMENT ENDEAVORS. 6:33 (KJV) “But see ye first the kingdom of God, and his rioghteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”.
- BEWARE OF PRIDE. 15:33 (KJV) “The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honor is humility”. Only humble people find responsible spouses.
JESUS IS LORD!
Leave a Reply