We must come to know that understanding is very vital in our walk with God; this is because, the results you command is a function of your level of spiritual understanding. You need understanding to maximize your walk with God; when you understand God’s word, obeying him becomes a walkover. Eph. 1:17-18 (KJV) (17) “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: (18) The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints”. Therefore, until you understand the mystery behind praise, you will never access the riches in it; there is a potent power in praise that must be understood before it can be accessed.
WHAT IS A PROPHECY?
- Prophecy is the unveiling of a divine plan, purpose or agenda for a people, nation, church or an individual. The uniqueness of prophecy is in the fact that no human hand can fulfill a divine plan; only the grace of God can. Only God’s hand can fulfill the agenda of God. Jer.17:5-8 (KJV) (5) “Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. (6) For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. (7) Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. (8) For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit”. A“powerful” believer is one who enjoys the “powerful” hand of God in his life. 15:10 (KJV) “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me”. Therefore, trying to accomplish what the grace of God has not approved will end in frustrations and futility. 1Kings 8:15-24 (KJV). Hence, it is expedient that we locate God’s will and plans, if we must make the most of our individual lives.
CHARACTERISTICS OF GENUINE PROPHECY
- Every genuine prophecy received, provokes bold declarations. 10:27 (KJV) “What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops”. The prophecy you receive, you believe and declare. 2Cor. 4:13 (KJV) “We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak”. Anything God tells you and you don’t declare boldly will never be fulfilled because you don’t believe; the word you believe, you declare unashamedly. Eph. 3:20 (KJV) “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us”.
- Every prophetic word received, makes us daring in response. Exo. 7:1 (KJV) “And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.”
WHAT MUST I DO TO SEE PROPHECIES FULFILED?
- We must rejoice, after the order of Hannah. 1:13-19 (KJV). After receiving the prophetic word from Eli, Hannah danced her way into fulfillment of the word spoken by the prophet; therefore, prophets are God’s mouthpiece for declaring His agenda per time. Until you praise God, you never see prophecies fulfilled. Phil. 4:6 (KJV) “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God”.
On this note, I welcome you to your covenant day of Vengeance…
We serve a God of vengeance. Psm. 94:1 (KJV) “O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself”. God specializes in recompensing judgement to our enemies. Psm. 68:1 (KJV) “Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.” God curses those who curse his children. Gen.12:3 (KJV) “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed”.Therefore, vengeance is a vital aspect of the end time church of God. Isa. 63:1-4 (KJV) (1) “Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. (2) Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? (3) I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. (4) For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come”. Execution of vengeance is one of the ways of putting an end to the wickedness of the wicked; therefore, we are admonished as believers to pray for vengeance on our enemies. Luke 18:6-8 (KJV) (6) “And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. (7) And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? (8) I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?”. Until the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, the wicked will cntinue in their wickedness. Psm. 7:9 (KJV) “Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.”
WHAT IS VENGEANCE?
- It means a pay back .
- It means punishment upon the wicked.
- It means retaliation, that is, God retaliating the wickedness of your enemies.
HOW THEN DO I PROVOKE THE GOD OF VENGEANCE?
- Be born again – God will only avenge his elect. Luke 18:6-7 (KJV) (6) “And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. (7) And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?”. Salvation makes you escape molestation and satanic assault. 1Jn. 5:4 (KJV) “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith”. Being born again is the only escape route from the wickedness of the wicked. 1Jn. 5:18-19 (KJV) (18) “We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. (19) And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness”.
- We must engage in violent praise. 2Chron. 20:20-24 (KJV) (20) “And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. (21) And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever. (22) And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. (23) For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another. (24) And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped”.
- We must keep praising God in a dance. Psm. 149:3-9 (KJV) (3) “Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp. (4) For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. (5) Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. (6) Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; (7) To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; (8) To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; (9) To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD”.
- We must engage the anointing of the Holy Ghost. Psm. 89:20-23 (KJV) (20) “I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him: (21) With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him. (22) The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him. (23) And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.”
JESUS IS LORD!