We must understand that there is a power behind love that engenders breakthroughs; for anyone who is a lover of God. 1Cor. 13:1-13(KJV). Nothing works in the kingdom without love; every principle in this kingdom delivers primarily on the platform of genuine love for God. 1Cor. 13:2 (KJV) “And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing”. For example, it is love-motivated giving that yields returns; giving without loving will yield no harvest. 1Cor. 13:3 (KJV) “And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing”.
It is love that grants access to unlimited breakthroughs; there is no limit to the breakthroughs that a genuine lover of God can command. 1Cor. 2:9 (KJV) “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him”. Every lover of God remains relevant through seasons and times.
WHAT IS LOVE?
- In this context , LOVE IS GIVING YOUR HEART TO GOD. You must understand that you are not in love yet, If your heart is not with God.
Why the heart?
The heart is a man’s most valuable and treasured asset in his journey to destiny; giving your heart to God is surrendering your all to Him and making Him lord over all. Prov. 23:26 (KJV) “My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways”.
- LOVE IS A GOD FIRST LIFESTYLE : 22:36-40 (KJV) (36) “Master, which is the great commandment in the law? (37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (38) This is the first and great commandment. (39) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (40) On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets”.
- IT IS PUTTING GOD FIRST IN ALL YOUR DECISIONS AND CONSIDERATIONS; such as-
- Obeying Him FIRST. 28:1 (KJV) “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth”.
- Making for Him FIRST. 1Kings 17:8-15 (KJV).
- Seeking Him FIRST. 6:33 (KJV) “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”.
- Giving Him your first fruit. 3:9-10 (KJV) (9) “Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: (10) So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine”.
- LOVE IS PLACING GOD ABOVE ALL ELSE, INCLUDING ONE’S SELF. Luke 14:26-27 (KJV) (26) “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. (27) And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple”.
WHAT IS IN LOVE THAT ENGENDERS SUPERNATURAL BREAKTHROUGH?
- LOVE ENHANCES OUR ACCESS TO UNLIMITED REVELATION. 2:9-10 (KJV) (9) “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (10) But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God”. Only lovers have access to God’s secrets and confidentialities. The deeper your insight, the higher you fly in destiny. Matt 13:23 (KJV) “But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty”.
Spiritual depth and understanding, is what makes the difference in the Christian race; it is what makes the difference in the life of a believer. Only a man of insight will gain great heights and altitude in life. Isa. 60:1-2 (KJV) (1) “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. (2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee”. Lovers of God breakthrough effortlessly. Isa. 9:8 (KJV) “The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel”. Men of love are men of depth; this is because height is a product of insight. Gal. 2:2 (KJV) “And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain”.
However, until you become a lover of God, you cannot have access to God’s mind and wisdom. Rom. 8:35 (KJV) “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?”
- LOVE EMPOWERS OUR FAITH TO DELIVER MAXIMALLY. 5:6 (KJV) “For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love”. It is our love for God that powers our faith to produce. Mark 9:23 (KJV) “Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth”. The degree of your love determines the potency of your faith; the depth of your intimacy with God, is what determines the potency of your faith. Therefore, the deeper your love for God, the greater your command in faith and the exploits you command.
- LOVE ENHANCES OUR ACCESS TO THE WISDOM FROM ABOVE. 1Kings 3:3-4 (KJV) (3) “And Solomon loved the Lord, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places. (4) And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar”. It is our love for God that connects us to divine wisdom. 1Kings 3:9-13 (KJV). If you must access the mind of Christ (that is, divine wisdom), you must be a lover of God. God will never reveal His mind and wisdom to just anybody; only those who are sold out to Him. 1Kings 4:29 (KJV) “And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore”.
On this note, I welcome you to your covenant day of Favour…
KEYS TO OPERATING IN DIVINE FAVOUR
- YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN. 5:12 (KJV) “For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield”. New birth brings us into favour with God and with man. Acts 2:42-47 (KJV) (42) And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. (43) And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. (44) And all that believed were together, and had all things common; (45) And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (46) And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, (47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved”.
- SERVING GOD AND THE INTEREST OF HIS KINGDOM. 102:13-15 (KJV) (13) “Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come. (14) For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof. (15) So the heathen shall fear the name of the Lord, and all the kings of the earth thy glory”. When we take delight and pleasure in favoring the cause of the kingdom, we enjoy divine favour effortlessly. Job 36:11 (KJV) “If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures”.
Your prosperity is tied to what you do with your finance, for the kingdom of God. Divine favour is a fringe benefit of serving God and the interest of His kingdom. Luke 2:49, 52 (KJV) (49) “And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business? (52) And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.”
Even Jesus enjoyed favour, because he was about His father’s business. Psm. 34:10 (KJV) “The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing”. No one runs out of favour running after God and the interest of His kingdom.
- SACRIFICIAL INVESTMENT OF OUR FINANCIAL RESOURCES, IN PROMOTING THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH. Giving beyond your best towards the advancement of the kingdom, positions you for divine favour. 1Kings 3:3 (KJV) “And Solomon loved the Lord, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places”. Your financial investment in the kingdom will secure for you financial favour; where you don’t sweat for finances and resources.
JESUS IS LORD!