It is important to know that power cannot be wasted, and is never in vain. Power has definition, God will only anoint you for a purpose. 1Cor. 12:4-11. The church of Christ may seem so powerless in these end time because, we are yet to discover our covenant access to empowerment. Isa. 5:13 (KJV) “ Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst”. The principal access to power in the kingdom is the Holy Ghost and the capital price to pay for empowerment is prayer and fasting. A prayerful believer is a powerful believer; and a prayer-less believer is a power-less believer; power is the end of all argument. Lk. 10:1-2.
However, this power does not happen by mistake, neither does it come by chance; it is consciously sort for. Psm. 63:1-2 (KJV) (1) “ O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; (2) To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary”.
A power-full believer puts the devil where he belongs, and puts you in charge over the affairs of life. Psm 110:1 (KJV) “ The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool”. Power puts you in dominion over situations and circumstances. the world we live in is too wicked for a believer to go without power; it takes power to rule where you are surrounded by hostility.
Power also gives you access to Gods glory. Psm 63:2 (KJV) “To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary”. You can’t carry the power of God and not carry his glory. gods power and gods glory are inseparable.
Understand that power is only available to sons, not boys. Jn. 1:12 (KJV) “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name”.
HOW DOES THE HOLY GHOST EMPOWER US?
- HE EMPOWERS US WITH THE SPIRIT OF POWER. Luke 4:14,18, 37 (KJV) (14) “And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. (18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, (37) And the fame of him went out into every place of the country round about.” It is power that enhances us to go about our fathers business; you have no need for anointing and empowerment, if you are not ready to get on the go. Acts 1:8 (KJV) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth”. It is the empowerment of the Holy Ghost that helps us to effectively go about our father’s business without shame and fear. 2Tim. 1:7 (KJV) “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind”. However, going about our father’s business is what enlists us for relevance and breakthroughs on every side. Luke 24:49 (KJV) “And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high”. It takes power to be in charge, and remain in charge.
- HE EMPOWERS OUR OBEDIENCE TO GOD. Man in his own state cannot obey God, it is the empowerment of the Holy Ghost that helps us to do all what God is commanding of us. Ezekiel 36:27 (KJV) “And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them“. Until divine instructions are fully obeyed, your supernatural breakthrough is not in view; hence, the need for the empowerment of the Holy Ghost.
- HE EMPOWERS US WITH THE SPIRIT OF PRAYER AND SUPPLICATION. Prayer is not made in the energy of the flesh, it is a spiritual empowerment so it can be done effectively. Zec. 12:10 (KJV) “ And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.” Prayer runs on the wings of grace and supplication. It is this Spirit that supplies help on the altar of prayer. Romans 8:26 (KJV) “ Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered”. This Spirit also empowers us to pray effectively in the Holy Ghost. Jude 20 (KJV) “ But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost”.
- HE EMPOWERS US WITH THE SPIRIT OF MEEKNESS. Numbers 12:3 (KJV) “Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth”. Man is naturally an arrogant creature, and always concerned about himself. 1Peter 3:4 (KJV) “But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price”. Meekness is the gateway to greatness, in this kingdom; people of meekness never pray for greatness, they just get great by God’s grace. It takes meekness to know and accept that it takes meekness to attain your high places. Ex.11:3 (KJV) “And the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh’s servants, and in the sight of the people”. Meekness is not in the face, it is not depicted by a pious look, it is a spirit; when you possess it, everybody knows. The Spirit of meekness makes you serve all the time, against all odds. Phil. 2:5-11 (KJV).
On this note, I welcome you to your Covenant Day of Breaking Generational Curses….
Understand that curses are real. Genesis 15:13-16 (KJV) (13) “And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; (14) And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance. (15) And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age. (16) But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full”. Curses are often generational in nature. Ex. 20:3-5 (KJV).
As believers, we have been redeemed from only the curse of the law (the curse of disobedience); therefore, for every other curse that must break, you must take personal responsibility. Matt. 15:13 (KJV) “But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up”.
It is important to know that generational, hereditary or diabolical curses can be broken cheaply. Prov 23:18 (KJV) “For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off”.
This is why God sent Prophets and Pastors, to bring God’s people out of every curse and establish them in blessing. Jer. 3:15 (KJV) “And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding”. However, for you to be blessed;
- You must choose to be saved. Gal. 3:13 (KJV) “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree”. The Salvation of your soul is your number one access to generational blessings. 2Cor 5:17 (KJV) “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”.
- Register or Covenant to serve God as a lifestyle. 2Chron. 15:12 (KJV) “And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul”.
How do we serve God?
- On the altar of kingdom advancement prayer. Matt. 6:33 (KJV) “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”.
- On the harvest field via soul winning. Prov 11:30 (KJV) “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise”.
- With our resources.
- Through the altar of sacrifice. Gen. 8:20 (KJV) “And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar”. Sacrifice can turn any dummy into a celebrity; it is on the altar of sacrifice that plagues of curses are destroyed. Psm. 126:6 (KJV) “He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him”.