We must begin to live with the mentality that in this kingdom, we don’t beg for signs, we command signs; if you find yourself begging and struggling to operate in the realm of signs and wonders, you are yet to be aligned. Signs will only follow those who actively engage, not those who disregard the place of kingdom advancement endeavors. Mark 16:15-20 (15) “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen”. Every commitment to kingdom advancement endeavors registers you for signs and wonders.
Kingdom advancement endeavors which include praying kingdom prayers, going out to win souls or inviting them to church, giving your resources to promote the kingdom of God and engaging your talent and skill to see that the kingdom of God is advanced, can be classified into the following:
- Spiritual Service; which includes-
- Engaging in kingdom advancement prayers
- Going out for soul winning.
- Physical Service (that is, being actively engaged in a service unit).
- Financial Service (committing your finances into kingdom advancement).
Amongst all these avenues of stewardship, the one that pays most is soul winning; this is because, for every soul that surrenders to God, heaven rejoices. Luke 15:7 “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.” The more you bring joy to heaven, the more you receive joy on the earth; we must therefore take responsibility for the blessings we so desire.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE PRODUCTS (OR BENEFITS) OF ENGAGING IN KINGDOM ADVANCEMENT ENDEAVOURS
Signs and wonders, are the heritage of those who are committed to kingdom advancement endeavors. We therefore discover that some of the manifestations of signs and wonders we enjoy when we commit to kingdom advancement endeavors are;
- 1. SUPERNATURAL FRUITFULNESS. 23:25-26 (25) ” And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. (26) There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil”. When you serve, your system is activated for fruitfulness. Psm. 127:3 ” Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward”. We must understand that service that must result in fruitfulness must be one rendered to God, to His servants and to humanity, in general. 2Chron. 20:20 ” And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper”. Ministering to the prophet sent over you, releases the prophetic virtue he carries over you, which includes the virtue of fruitfulness. 2Kings 4:8-17.
- 2. IT PROVOKES SUPERNATURAL BREAKTHROUGH. The level to which you engage in kingdom advancement endeavors, determines the level to which you enjoy its benefits; so, if you don’t engage, you won’t enjoy. Luke 5:1-7 (1) “And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, (2) And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. (3) And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship. (4) Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. (5) And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. (6) And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake. (7) And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink”. If you can offer yourself wholly to promoting the kingdom, you will never struggle for breakthroughs in life. 13:12-14 (12) “And David was afraid of God that day, saying, How shall I bring the ark of God home to me? (13) So David brought not the ark home to himself to the city of David, but carried it aside into the house of Obededom the Gittite. (14) And the ark of God remained with the family of Obededom in his house three months. And the Lord blessed the house of Obededom, and all that he had”. Committing all you have into kingdom advancement, is surrending what you have, in order to get what you need.
- IT ENGENDERS SUPERNATURAL BLESSING. Deut. 28:1 “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth”. Those who engage in kingdom advancement endeavors enjoy blessings, supernaturally. Job 36:11 ” If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures”. Everyone who diligently engages in kingdom advancement endeavors, becomes blessed in all things. Matt. 6:33 ” But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”.
- 4. IT PROVOKES SUPERNATURAL SUPPLIES. Luke 9:1-3, 22:35 (1) “Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. (2) And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. (3) And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece (35) And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing”. Supernatural supplies answers to only those who are actively engaged; on the go and on the prayer altar. 4:15-19 (15) “Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. (16) For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. (17) Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. (18) But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. (19) But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus”. God will always make supplies available to everyone who makes kingdom advancement a priority. 1Chron 12:32, 40 (32) “ And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. (40) Moreover they that were nigh them, even unto Issachar and Zebulun and Naphtali, brought bread on asses, and on camels, and on mules, and on oxen, and meat, meal, cakes of figs, and bunches of raisins, and wine, and oil, and oxen, and sheep abundantly: for there was joy in Israel.”
- IT GUARANTEES ANSWERS TO PRAYERS. Jn. 15:16 ” Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” In promoting the kingdom, the kingdom will promote you. Zec. 7:13 “Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith the Lord of hosts”. It is in praying for the kingdom that your own prayer is answered. Luke 1:5-24.
- IT CONFERS THE BLESSING OF GOOD OLD AGE ON YOU. Psm. 92:14 “They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing”. Every faithful steward who seeks to advance the kingdom, is entitled to a good old age. Deut. 34:7 “And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated”. Those who promote the kingdom, don’t die young. Job 42:16-17 (16) “After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons’ sons, even four generations. (17) So Job died, being old and full of days.”
On this note, I welcome you to your Covenant day of Open Doors…
We must understand that God is a specialist in opening doors, and his will is that all His children walk in this reality. Rev. 3:7-8 (7) “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; (8) I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name”. God specializes in opening impossible doors. Acts 5:19 “But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said”.
We must however know that the master key to opening any door is the presence of God (that is, Divine Presence). No door can ever shut against a man who carries God. Psm 24:7-10 (7) “Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. (8) Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. (9) Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. (10) Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah”. Also, no door can stand the presence of God; Gods presence shakes and opens any closed door. Acts 16:26 “And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed”.
HOWEVER, TO KEEP ENJOYING OPEN DOORS IN THE JOURNEY OF LIFE;
- 1. BE BORN AGAIN, AND REMAIN SO. 8:31 ” What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”. You must be called a child of God and a carrier of His presence before any door can open unto you; doors open to only those who carry God. Jn. 3:8 “The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit”. You can’t carry divine presence and not command open doors in life. Psm. 114:1-5 (1) “When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange language; (2) Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion. (3) The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back. (4) The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs. (5) What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back?”
- 2. REMAIN IN LOVE WITH GOD AND BE COMMITTED TO FOLLOWING GOD’S LEADING IN YOUR LIFE. 2:9 “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him”. Be committed to following God’s leading for your life. Psm. 23:1-6 (1) “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. (2) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. (3) He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. (4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.(5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever”. Allow God to lead you in the journey of life; God’s leading is the ultimate of all open doors. Isa. 48:21 “And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out.”
- ENTER INTO A COVENANT TO KEEP SERVING GOD AND THE INTEREST OF HIS KINGDOM. 2Chron. 15:12-15 (12) “And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; (13) That whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (14) And they sware unto the Lord with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets. (15) And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about.”